Back to Basics
Over thirty-five years in film and TV have taught me the path to success in screenwriting: (*)
- To learn to intuitively understand what a great script looks like.
- To develop the muscle memory of writing in screenplay format.
- To acquire the talent to translate ideas into the written word.
- To develop the analytical skills to edit and improve your work.
A multi-million dollar industry of screenwriting education products is built on just that last point.
They are all overlooking the first three. In Immersion, we focus on the first 3 points above. And you’ll be surprised how easy this is, provided you do the right thing.
Barefoot Script is the foundation.
(*) That’s right. Having a great story is not an essential requirement. You will learn in due course.
- The course is best accessed via a laptop or desktop computer. While it's possible to navigate on the mobile, I don't recommend it for a host of reasons.
- To go back to the course start page, just click on the logo in the top left.
- To easily find these resources again at any time, go back to the course start page, and click the "Course Materials" tab.
- If any video doesn't play immediately, try a different browser.
- If the video lags, try downloading the file locally, and playing it from your computer: Ctr+click on Mac, right-click on PC.
- You can read the script snippets within the course pages, or you can download the PDF, and read them on your preferred reader.
Video clip has the wrong audio? Most clips have multiple audio channels, and usually your system will pick the English dialogue. If it doesn't - which probably means that your computer is not set to default to English - just download the clip to your computer and change the channel.
- If anything doesn't work, it is good practice to try things in this order:
- Refresh the page (Control-R or Command-R)
- Clear the browser cache (https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/)
- Try a different browser.
- Restart your computer.
- INFO SESSION
- COURSE LAUNCH
- COURSE MIDPOINT
- GRADUATION DAY